Human forgiveness can look like;
You would say, I forgive them Lord, but then later you find yourself in unforgiveness or bitterness after thinking about the problem or that person again. Later you may discover being upset or troubled, because you know you will need to be around that person soon. We might reason in our within ourselves about how we can avoid that other person. Sometimes we might want to justify our reasons for doing what it is we do to make ourselves more comfortable. Like lying about why you can’t be in that meeting or why you don’t want go to a place. At the end of the day we are still in unforgiveness and you don’t feel good about that person or past problem, and nothing has really changed.
Now I don’t want to patronize anyone. I know people go through all types of really bad things in life. I also do not want to minimize anyones trauma or pain. Also what seems to be a small thing to one person may be big to another. Jesus said “it is the little fox’s that spoil the vine.” All I can say is Jesus is, and has the answer for all we go through in life.
Processes of perception 10 steps I know.
Let’s say something happens like a trauma; you are in pain, physical and emotional. At some point you will ask yourself…
- Whose fault is it?
- Why did this happen to me?
- Then you will tell others about it to seek help. Maybe in a good way maybe not. Depends on the reasons you are telling your story. Also it depends on the spiritual maturity of the person you are telling.
- Let’s say you don’t tell anyone, because you are too embarrassed. Now you will need to answer this question for yourself. Are you looking to the word of God for it, Prayer, self help books, reasoning within yourself, or just not dealing with it at all? This is where self blame can come in if you are not careful. Also we could blame the Lord Jesus. You will need someone to help.
- By now we have developed a perception that is becoming a truth. We will live by the truth we believe. I might add you will never do anything you don’t believe or believe in. Jesus is truth, we where created in His image right? We will act and feel accordingly to what we believe.
- Emotions are usually all over the place in a trauma. But one thing I want to make perfectly clear, your emotions are telling you what you believe about your trauma, so we need to take note of our emotions and examine ourselves. The emotions will help us to understand what we believe, so we can then go to the Lord, the Holy Spirit, and our counselor to work through it.
- The Lie, is what is bringing the pain. Now sometimes events like the death of a loved one is painful. This should have sorrow in it, but when a woman for an example, is molested at a young age and now she is a young woman and she is saying to herself “ I should not have went there, I should have not dressed that way, I was out to late”. She is blaming herself. That is a lie! Now because she believes it, it’s her truth and this truth that is a LIE it will change what she does, where she goes, what time she goes or doesn’t. Her life is controlled by fear and fear is PAIN to the Christians and to any person.
- The devil is a liar and the father of lies. The only way the devil can get to you and cause you defeat in your life is to deceive you with a lie if you believe it. Now just because you perceive something to be true doesn’t mean it is. Now if you do believe it, it will be a truth in your life, but it’s a lie. Meanwhile the devil comes and tells you, or causes you to imagine something that looks like, smells like, feels like truth and your emotions line up with it, and fear set in. The enemy has taken over. Now ask yourself how am I going to react to the person, or the circumstance I am in. I know people that go from church to church, because of this same problem, they might say “this pastor is just like the last one I had”. It’s a LIE!
- Let’s look at “Fearful Lies”.
Fear of rejection, fear of abandonment, fear of embarrassment, fear of loss, fear of loneliness, fear of being afraid, fear of sickness. There are hundreds of them I would guess.
Keep in mind that fear will try to control you and keep you from doing what is right. Fear does not want you to discover that Jesus and His peace are available in the midst of our troubles. Jesus wants you to be able to know you have truly forgiven and have been forgiven to walk free. Being able too say I love to your enemies and give them a cup cold water or food to eat with a pure heart is what Jesus wants for you to have in order to be free.
Jesus said I am the Way the Truth and the Life. Jesus is the God of your past, the God of your now, and the God of your future. Jesus knew you in the womb, and the day you would be born. Jesus knows the last breath you are going to take. Jesus has heard every word you have ever said.
- We would give an account for it too.
- You have been with Him since the beginning.
- He has planed works for you to do in advance.
- He has counted every hair on your head.
- He knows the thoughts and the intent of your heart.
What is there that Jesus doesn’t know about you?
Jesus has seen and heard everything you have been through, what you would
believe about it, what you would say about it, and how it would affect you for the rest of your life. Jesus is one that can come into your past and heal it, He is the repairer of the broken down walls in people’s lives. Isaiah 58:12. Look it up. Study the scriptures out. The truth will set you free. It will prepare you for next week.
Next week’s post: “Devine Forgiveness” The how to.